Wednesday 13 October 2010

The lure of yarn


Mood board on the J C Rennie stand

Attending the Knitting and Stitching Show has increased my stock of knitting projects unlikely to be finished any time soon!

Added to the To Do List are:

Cabled mitts using
Blue Sky Melange 100% alpaca purchased from Loop
Pattern for Father's New Socks by Susan Crawford to be knitted in Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift
Christmas stocking from a (soon to be available) pattern from MillaMia. The yarn was purchased at a show price discounted rate.

It's about four years since I last went to the K&S Show. What I missed this time were the booths of people taking part in lessons and workshops. They are now tucked away, out of sight, in another part of the building so the 'doing' part of the show has been taken over by the selling.


One aspect of selling which could be much improved is the sandwiches. "Impressively Premium" they were not!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love Blue Sky Alpacas. And will look forward to seeing the stocking pattern from MillaMia. I've smooshed their yarns at Mrs Moon and they feel lovely!

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You went to a show without taking my fabric order?! Call yourself a friend? Shame on you! How's that liberty quilt coming along? I have not cut into my fabric from the quilt show yet! However, I have been commissioned to make a cushion for a friend so that is keeping me busy.

    ReplyDelete