Saturday 18 September 2010

Wisteria at Englefield by Stanley Spencer (1954)

To cover the interests of all members of the family during a day out in the countryside of Berkshire, we visited a pub for real ale, the Stanley Spencer Gallery in Cookham for some art and the playground at Cliveden for some running around.



When we first walked through the gate into the playground, I was a bit taken aback as I'd been expecting the usual brightly coloured slides and swings. Instead, everything was made of wood and carved to create plenty of footholds for climbing.

There was also a cluster of wicker wigwams to hide in and a stack of long beanpoles to make your own. I had a great time........!

1 comment:

  1. What a magical playground. G and I have both been keen to visit the Stanley Spencer Gallery, and with real ale on offer, I might just be able to persuade him to make the trip soon! K x

    ReplyDelete