Monday 5 October 2009

One Good Turn


Currently reading: One Good Turn by Kate Atkinson

".... and listened to the messages on the answering machine. There were so many now that the later ones had erased the earlier ones. Gloria thought this was how her own memory worked, except the opposite way round....... Pam fluttering, oh Gloria, can I have your recipe for Turkish cheesecake, I know I've written it down somewhere but I can't put my hands on it. It was a very good recipe - a packet of Philidelphia, a tin of Fussell's sterilized cream and half a dozen eggs beaten together and poured into a caramel-coated mould and cooked gently in a bain-marie. It was the kind of recipe a person treasured once they had been given it. Careless Pam would not be getting it off Gloria a second time."

No comments:

Post a Comment