Monday 17 November 2014


I positively pounced on this one when I saw it on the 'New Titles' shelf at the library.  A new Ann Cleeves!  What a day!

You know what it's like when you find an author you like, drink up all their back catalogue and are then left gasping for their next offering.  Can't they write any quicker!!!

Thin Air is the latest  in the Jimmy Perez saga, set in the Shetlands.  I confess I much prefer the Vera Stanhope stories.  Both series of books have tv adaptations and for me  ITV's Vera, played by Brenda Blethyn, is far superior.  What I see on screen tallys more with the written word.  Oddly, I haven't managed to sit through a single episode of the BBC's take on the Shetland stories.  Douglas Henshall looks absolutely nothing like the description of Jimmy Perez in the text.  Where are the Spanish good looks?!  

Shetland is so far removed from my own interpretation of the text that I shall stick to the written word.  I just wish there were more of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment